Ange Fire (Angel #2) by LA Weatherly

Wednesday 7 December 2011.

My rating: 4 out of 5


Date Published: October 1st 2011
Publisher: Usborne Publishing Limited
ISBN: 1409522016


This started off really slow for me. I was almost half way through before I really got into it, but with having heard so many great things about it, I didn't give up. And boy, am I glad I didn't, the second half of the book well made up for the first half, I TOTALLY enjoyed it. 


At the start of this book, we meet Seb, a half angel, who has spent most of his life dreaming of and searching for a girl, another half angel, Willow. 


Willow and Alex are on the run after failing to stop the second wave. Willow has a psychic dream which takes them to Mexico city where they meet up with a team of AK's (Angel Killers)and also with Seb. Seb is in love with Willow even though he has just met her and Willow also has very strong feelings for him. 


A chance to kill all angels comes with the arrival of the Twelve, the first formed angels, and so the team start training and preparing for this mission.


This is a very long book with 709 pages and for me, I was nearly at page 300 before I started to find it really interesting. I didn't read at all one day because I just wasn't in the humour of this book and I don't like to read more than one book at a time. So for me, I think the book could have been condensed at the beginning and let us get to the interesting stuff more quickly. I really really loved it though once they met up with Seb and the other AK's. The story really took off then and I was reading with my heart in my mouth at times. Some parts were really sad too. 


I am still giving a four star rating because when it took off it really took of and was fantastic. Had it not been for the slow beginning it would have definitely been worthy of five stars. 


I cannot wait to read the next in the trilogy and already feel sad at the thoughts of saying goodbye to Alex and Willow. 

Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |