The Guardians Kiss (Samantha Brand #1) by Jamie Dougherty

Tuesday 27 December 2011.


Date Published: 29th June 2011


My Rating: 1 out of 5 stars


This book wasn't really for me. 


There is a virus spreading throughout humankind which turns people into a kind of zombie. When Samantha's sister Carla contracts the virus and is taken to a military base, Samantha meets Trent. He tells her that her and her twin sister Barbra have not been infected and that if she doesn't leave with him, they will experiment on her to find out why she hasn't contracted the virus. Barbra has already been sedated and so they must leave her behind. 


They make a run for it and along the journey they meet with H.B., a shapeshifter. Samantha discovers that she is the one who can save the world from the virus and that Trent is her guardian angel. The three of them must set out to save the world. 


I didn't really like this book and only finished it out of morbid curiosity. The story just didn't flow well for me. I didn't like the characters at all. It annoyed me the way Samantha was treating Trent in the way she was acting with H.B. Even if most of it was done in their heads, I still felt bad for Trent and it turned me off Samantha completely. Trent just wasn't written as a well rounded character and just didn't appeal to me from the start. I hated the way he called her "babe" or "darlin'" all the time, even whey they had only just met. I thought H.B. was just very sleazy and I didn't like him at all. I like love triangles usually but this just didn't do it for me.


I usually read YA which is what I thought this was and maybe that's why I felt this way about this book. I will not be reading anymore in the series. 



Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |