Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1) by H.D. Gordon

Wednesday 4 January 2012.


Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1)Published: 5th September 2011
ASIN: B005LEPOYC


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a really enjoyable read!


Alexa's mother has been training her to fight her entire life. She doesn't know why and thinks her mother may be paranoid but Alexa is a Sun Warrior, and the last of her kind. Her race has been hunted to extinction by the other races of vampires, werewolves and searchers. And the Lamia, the Accursed. The Lamia are the enemy to all the races. After their house is attacked by Lamia and their mother killed, Alexa and her sister Nelly go to Two Rivers. A walled off area which is inhabited by the other races. Alexa feels that something is not quite right here and some of the people seem to believe that she is their saviour.


I really liked this authors writing style. She created some great characters, especially Alexa who was tough with a smart mouth and a strong character. She was very enjoyable to read. I did feel there was some similarities to Vampire Academy but I could overlook it because I really liked this. The ending was really good and left me longing for more. I'm glad I don't have too long to wait for the second in the series which is being released on the 31st January.


I would definitely have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone who is a fan of the paranormal romance genre.

Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |