Half Black Soul (Alexa Montomery #2) by H.D. Gordon

Tuesday 7 February 2012.


Half Black Soul  (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)Half Black Soul by H.D. Gordon
Release Date: 31st January 2012
Young Adult




My rating: 3 of 5 stars


In the past few weeks Alexa Montgomery has had her entire world flipped upside down. She's gone from living a semi-normal teenage life to a life full of vampires and werewolves who all expect her to deliver them from the control of an evil dictator. Alexa is the last of her kind; a Sun Warrior, and now she has left the safety of Two Rivers to search for her mother, but she's left her sister behind to do so, and Nelly is the one person that she was told that she must always protect. Kayden, a vampire who is Alexa's other half, has followed her on her journey. But, secrets are about to come out, relationships will break and danger lies just up ahead. Will Alexa be able to get through all of this and make it out alive? And, will she be able to protect Nelly from danger when she is so far away?

Thank you to Kayleigh @ K-Books, for that last half!



Almost all of the reviews I've seen for this book have been 5 stars. But it just wasn't for me. As I was reading, I kept thinking, how can everyone else who reads this love it so much and I would really like to just stop reading it now. But because of all the good reviews, I persevered. And it did get better. But I was 60% through it before it started to get interesting for me.


I really didn't like Nelly's POV. She has been a very boring character throughout and only started to grow and develop nearer to the end of the book. I felt a lot of Nelly was just drawn out and unnecessary. It does look like we will see great things from her in future books though. I also felt that the change in POV was just happening far too quickly, a couple of pages was all we were getting of each for the first few chapters and it just didn't hold my interest at all.


This is a really great story overall though and I will definitely be reading the next instalment, I just feel that not much really happened in this one. The ending was good, but I just felt there should have been more happening.


From comments that I seen on Goodreads, I knew something happened with Jackson but I wasn't that shocked because I hadn't really trusted him in the last book either. Again, not really shocked with Bethany either, I kind of expected it. The cliffhanger at the very end, yes, totally took me by surprise.


As I said, I will read the next instalment in the series, but for me, the first book was so much better than this one.


Thanks to R2R on Goodreads and H.D. Gordon for providing this book for review.


Buy the book Smashwords/Amazon

2 Comments:

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Shame this wasn't as brilliant as you expected, but nicely reviewed. :)

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

Thanks Sam......I was really looking forward to it because the first one was really good but it just wasn't for me.

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |