The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

Wednesday 1 February 2012.


The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Published by: Harlequin Teen 25th January 2011
ISBN: 0373210183
Age Group: Young Adult




My rating: 5 of 5 stars


My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.



This time, there will be no turning back.


Unbelievably, this was even better than the first two. The action just didn't stop and it had its fair share of romantic encounters too. Ash had me swooning, who knew he would turn out to be so soft and mushy. We see a completely different side to him as he drops his ice cold façade and opens up with Meghan.


Pucks emotions get the better of him and he goes from being a light hearted prankster to being bitter and mean. But who can blame him. His feelings have been hurt and it eventually all comes out against Meghan.


Grimalkin, what can I say. I love him. I don't think the books would be the same without him. "I am a cat". Those simple words have taken on new meaning for me lol.


A lot rests on Meghan's shoulders in this book but, she stands up to the task of her biggest challenge yet. She must save the Nevernever from the false Iron King and his iron army or all of faery world will die. But again, she is brave and determined and does what she has to do. Her character has developed so much from the first book, The Iron King, and she is amazing.


This book is imaginative, gripping and funny while being an emotional rollercoaster. I laughed, I swooned, I cried. Fantastic read. Would definitely recommend it. I can't wait to read The Iron King. One of the advantages of reading a series when all the books have been released, I can just read straight through :)


Off to read Summer Crossing now, before starting The Iron King.




Purchase from Amazon/The Book Depository



Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |