Waiting on Wednesday #10

Wednesday 18 April 2012.



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

PODs

Publication Date: June 4th, 2013
Publishers: Spencer Hill Press

Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it’s in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it’s a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That’s the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.



This sounds very similar to a book I just read recently, but I really enjoyed that one, so I want to give this one a try. What do you think?

Leave your WOW links in a comment so I can check them out.

11 Comments:

Elodie said...

This sounds really creepy :) !! I defintely look forward to this one too, the blurb has me very intrigued !! Great pick Suzanne :)

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Oh this sounds really good reminds me of Resident Evil sort of. Great pick will have to check it out. Here's my WoW
Thanks, Cathy @ Addicted to Books

Karis Jacobstein said...

It sounds a little like The Forest of Hands and Teeth, which I LOVED! Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by!

Karis @YA Litwit

Anonymous said...

It sounds similar to one I've read too but I like this type of plot. It seems that books sound similar but when I read them, the plot tends to be quite different usually. :) Nice pick.

WoW: http://www.ataleofmanyreviews.com/index.php/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-4182012/

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Sounds dark and gritty, love the cover but over a year wait?!

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I know Heidi. I'll be waiting a long time lol

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I love the sound of this! It sounds like my type of book, but 2013?! That is SO far away. It's a good thing I have lots of books to keep me busy until then. ;) Great WoW choice, Suzanne!

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I know, so far away. It has a similar premise to The Weepers don't you think. I'll have well forgotten about that by the time I get to read this though.

emaginette said...

Sounds like a killer story. :-)

Unknown said...

I love these kinds of novels! And this looks to be a really good one!

Thanks for sharing!

My WoW
Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

Monaliz said...

Oo, sounds so exciting! Definitely goes to my tbr- pile :)
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |