No Mercy by Shannon Dermott

Thursday 6 September 2012.
No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
No Mercy by Shannon Dermott
Published: 24th July 2012
By: Wicked Truth Publishing
Source: Bought from Amazon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a novella in the Cambions series that should be read after Waiting for Mercy.

Warning - this book is intended for a mature audience. Excessive language and sexual situations may not be suitable for younger teens.


I'm not usually a big fan of novellas and rarely give them more than three stars, but when it has POV's from two of my favourite male characters from the Cambion series, Luke and Flynn, what's not to love.

No mercy is set back before either of the guys have ever spoken to Mercy, but they both admire her from afar. Flynn is afraid to make a move because she's one of the only girls who doesn't fall all over him, he is an incubus after all, and never short of female attention. And Luke, not sure exactly how Flynn really feels about her, and if it would upset him, won't make a move because, total guy thing, Flynn seen her first. He is kind of waiting for Flynn's permission.

The majority of this book is set at Flynn's family lakehouse where he's arranged to meet up with a girl, out from under the eye of his current girlfriend, Amanda. And Luke, being the great best friend that he is, is playing wingman, and keeping the girl's sister occupied. We get an inside look into how Flynn actually feels about his womanising, even though it's something he needs to do to. We also get a greater insight into the powers that Luke and Flynn possess and how they use them.

I really enjoyed this and it has left me longing for even more. I can't wait for the third book in this series and I just want to read the first two over again right now. When I finished this book I was thinking that the only thing that would have made it better would have been if it continued up to the spin the bottle game that starts off the series in Beg for Mercy. And lo and behold, the next morning I go to my inbox and find an email from Shannon's newsletter basically giving me just that, the spin the bottle game from the boys POV. In the book we just get Mercy's. And it was just as awesome as I thought it would be.

This is one of my all time favourite series and if you haven't read it yet, then why not? If you don't enjoy it, I'll eat my hat.

Beg for Mercy is just 99c on Amazon, snap it up!

Buy the Book on Amazon

10 Comments:

Unknown said...

I bought Beg for Mercy when it first came out but still haven't read it :-( I really want to with all the great things you have had to say about the series. I love anything with a succubus!

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» said...

This sounds really really really good! I'll have to check out the series for this. I am very intrigued by the idea of the story...and incubus and succubus...WOW! Gotta love those characters! LOL ;p Great Review! :D

New Follower! :)

~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair 

Neyra said...

I still haven't read this series >.< But I'll be looking into it. I love reading books from the guy's POV :p I hope I enjoy them as much as you do Suzanne! ^_^ Great reaview btw! :D

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I think you would love this series Neyra, you should definitely give it a go :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I haven't heard of this series so I would like to check it out. It is nice to hear that even the novellas are worth reading, that is a sign of a good series. Thanks for the recommendation, Suzanne!

A Canadian Girl said...

I haven't heard of this series but it sounds pretty good.

What I think is even more awesome is that you got your wish the next day. I love it when that happens!

Giselle said...

I haven't seen this series before I'm gonna have to take a look at book 1 but I like when they add novellas like this that give you a little something extra.

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I always find it so hard to review novellas, but you did a wonderful job with this one. One of your all time favorite series, you say? Well, sign me up. Adding to my GoodReads TBR to make sure I don't forget. :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I'm not much of a novella person either, but this one sounds great. I still need to check out the first book in this series. Brilliant review, Suzanne!

Rachel said...

I've never even heard of this series but it sounds really good, plus I love a good deal! :)

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |