Stacking the Shelves #24

Sunday 13 January 2013.


Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, (and filling our kindle) sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process! Hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews

Hi all. Hope you're all keeping well and enjoyed the holidays. I'm glad to be back and I'm feeling a lot more relaxed which is the way I hope to stay. I plan to cut down a lot on the amount of books I take for review and to read a lot more books just for myself, some of which I'll write reviews for and some I won't. 

I took a step into the adult world near the end of last year, reading The Mercy Thompson series and The Charley Davidson series, and while I enjoyed these immensely, I still think I'll be quite fussy about what adult books I pick up, but you may see some adult titles popping up on the blog, not just purely YA anymore. Still no erotica though.

For fun, and in an effort to clear some of my tbr, I'm taking part in some challenges this year. In the tabs above, you can see my own challenge that I've set, the ABC challenge, so I hope to read at least 50 books off my tbr with this, no review books allowed. And I'm taking part in the Dystopian Challenge and the Contemp and Chick Lit Challenge with The Young Adult Book Club. And Never Too Old for Y.A. Books are having a yearly challenge with a new fun challenge every month. January's challenge is to read 4 books with blue covers, so we'll see how I go. No pressure though.

Now onto my new books. I'm only including books that I received since I've come back to blogging in this STS. I got a lot of books as Christmas pressies and also picked up a lot of freebies from my wishlist over the Christmas and it's just too much so I'm not including those. So, since the beginning of January, I received:-

For review

Hidden Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #1) Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four (Shapers, #1) Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)

Hidden Gates by D.T. Dyllin (Edelweiss)
Dare You To by Katie McGarry (Netgalley)

Bought

Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #2)

Blood-Kissed Sky by J.A. London (4.5 of 5 stars, review to come soon)

So, leave me your links so I can visit and see what goodies you received this week. Thank you for stopping by.

13 Comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Dare To You is on Netgalley?!?! LOL I'm trying to cut down on books as well since I stress myself out too much but I want to request that one. Glad Blood-Kissed Sky seemed to be a hit. I am still dying to get that one. I love the Mercy Thompson and Charley Davidson series. There are some great adult books. I need to read more this year. Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Yes Dare You To! Waah!

Talk Supe

Krafty Beginnings said...

Great books. I grabbed Dare You Too as well, I'm so excited I could get it, can't wait to read it. Hidden Gates sounds interesting, will have to check that one out too. Happy reading.

Katie ~ My Mailbox

Lauren @ Northern Plunder said...

Another with Dare You Too, I'm still pending for that, seriously hope I get approved!
Hope you enjoy them all

Lauren
My haul.

Keertana said...

I got Dare You To this week as well and I really enjoyed it, so I hope you like it too! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am glad to see you are back and that you are finding a balance between blogging committments and reading for pleasure. I am working on the same. I am not doing tours this year hardly any and I am focusing on cleaning out all the NG books and then by summer I should be reading a lot more of what I want to read. I really like both Mercy Thompson and Charley Davidson. I am also wanting to read Jennifer Estep Elemental Assassin and Kate Daniels. Have a great week!

Grace Fonseca said...

Nice haul of books. I hope you love all your new books. These all look awesome. Been seeing the Hidden Gates a lot lately. Come visit me as well.

Grace

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Dare You To seems to be on everyone's reading list these days, and I must confess I'm excited about it too. I gave up on the J.A. London book 1, but I remember your lovely review and I remember promising I'd try again, which I will. The covers definitely help, they're gorgeous.

Somewhere Only We Know said...

Hidden Gates has a beautiful cover. And I'm so jealous that you have Dare You To. I'm all over that as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Check out my SP & STS.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Emily @ Falling For YA said...

I have really high hopes for both Dare You To and Blood Kissed Sky, I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading this week!

Emily @ Falling For YA

Jasprit said...

I have seen Dare to You popping up on everyone's showcase this week, I hope you enjoy it Suzanne! And also good luck with all your challenges, they sound like so much fun! :)

LoveOfBooks said...

*high five* for Dare You To.

Good luck on your challenges. I'm not doing any this year.

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I'm really looking forward to reading Dare You To, though I will probably wait until closer to the release date. I am back to blogging myself now too and definitely think I need to be better saying no to review books myself. I plan not let stress get in the way this time. :) Nice to read your posts again, Suzanne!

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |