Wraith by Edie Claire

Thursday 26 January 2012.

WraithPublished: 2nd August 2011
ASIN: B005FR7NL2


My rating: 5 of 5 stars




This was fantastic. I can't believe I never heard of it before, it should be a lot more popular. 


Kali can see ghosts, but they can't see her and she doesn't interact with them. Until Zane, the hot surfer dude. 


Kali has gone to Oahu, Hawaii with her parents for a few days to find a house. Her dad is in the military and he is finally being shipped to Hawaii, like she always wanted. Before she met the best friends she ever had in Cheyenne, where she lives now. She is hoping to meet some friends during her stay so that when she moves in June, she won't have to spend the summer alone. Kali's dad arranges for his friend's son, Matt, to show Kali around the island. 


I LOVED this book. This is Edie Claire's first YA novel and it is fabulous. I really liked her writing style and the reading just flowed. I could not put it down. 


Kali and Zane were both really likeable characters. Matt was too but for some reason, I felt suspicious of him throughout the book. Zane can't remember how he died or anything about his life and believes that Kali's "gift" will lead him to the light, or at least explain a few things. As Kali and Zane hang out, he gradually gets his memory back and we slowly learn about his life as the book goes on.


There is so much more to this than just a girl who sees dead people and a romance. There is action and suspense and even a hint of a triangle, but not one to get too mad about. The twist in this book was really good and I just loved the ending.


I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this book to anyone interested in the paranormal romance genre.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am neither a teenager or a fan of the Paranormal but guess what? I'm still not a teenager, but after reading this book, I am now a fan of the paranormal, as long as Edie Claire writes it. 74 years young and enjoying life to the fullest.
Doris Dustin

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

So glad to hear you enjoyed it Doris :)

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |