The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

Thursday 26 July 2012.


The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter
Published: 31st July 2012
By: Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 0373210752
Source: Netgalley


My rating: 3.5 stars.


The Goddess Legacy is a book of 5 novella's giving us some history on the gods and their love lives before we meet them in The Goddess Test. I loved the first two books in this series and was really looking forward to reading this.


The first one, The Goddess Queen is from the POV of Hera/Calliope and tells us the story of her marriage to Zeus/Walter. She doesn't get treated very well by anyone, especially Zeus and this gives us some understanding as to the person she is presently. But I could not muster up much empathy for her. She was power hungry from the moment they defeated the titans, and most of what she seemed to do, was to be the most powerful, although seeing as they couldn't have beaten the titans without her, she really already was. But Zeus did not want a woman to be more powerful than him, and nobody would stand up for her. We also see how far back her love for Hades/Henry actually goes.


The second novella, The Lovestruck Goddess is from the POV of Aphrodite, the goddess of love. She is just a sweetie and hard not to like, even when not particularly liking her actions. Her problem is that she has so much love that she cannot just share it with one person, and needs a husband who will allow her to spread her "love" through constant affairs.


The third novella, Goddess of the Underworld, is from the POV of Persephone, from the point of her arranged marriage to Hades/Henry until she gives up her immortality to spend eternity in the underworld with Adonis. This really opened my eyes to the reasons why Henry acts the way he does with Kate. He is badly treated by Persephone for centuries and I just couldn't bring myself to empathise with her even though she was forced into an arranged marriage at 16. My heart just broke for Henry throughout this one.


Part four, God of Thieves, is from the POV of Hermes/James and is a sweet little story about the girl he fell in love with. This was really nice, but also, sad. We learn in this one why the gods decided to take on more modern, human names.


And lastly, the one I was most looking forward to, The God of Darkness is from the POV of Henry and leads us to The Goddess Test. Hades has decided that he wants to fade, that he no longer wants to live his lonely, painful existence. He offers his brothers and sisters a century in which to train someone in to fill his shoes and they in turn, want to use that century to try to find someone for him to share his life with. And so begins the search. And after the mysterious deaths of 11 girls, Kate is next. And from the first moment Henry sees Kate, he is mesmerised by her. This is so sweet and made me just want to pick up The Goddess Test again and start reading it straight away.


I can't wait for book 3, The Goddess Inheritance. I just love this world and the characters that Aimee has created.


Buy the book: Amazon/The Book Depository

6 Comments:

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I have this sort of resistance towards Greek mythology, probably because it was stuffed down my throat all through high school and Uni, but I also keep hearing lovely things about this series. It is entirely possible I'll give it a chance sometime soon.
Great review as always, Suzanne!

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

I need to read this one! Really looking forward to some back story and especially the Henry story.

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I really like the sound of the third novella in this, mainly because I love the story of Persephone and Hades. I'm glad this was a good insight into the history of the gods. Great review, Suzanne! :)

Heidi said...

I have stayed away from this series, but it seems to be getting better and better, I really like the idea of this one a book with novellas based on Greek Mythological characters. This sounds like something I would really enjoy!

A Canadian Girl said...

I wasn't too fond of The Goddess Test so I didn't bother continuing with the series but it's always nice to get to know more about the characters that you love. I'd probably be looking forward to Henry's story the most too.

Rachelanbig said...

I have the first in this series but I want to wait til all the books are out to read them. This sounds great to help you understand all the background to this story.

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |