Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Wednesday 12 September 2012.

Storm (Elemental, #1)

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
Published: 24th April 2012
By: Kensington
Source: Purchased

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wonderful! I managed to read this book in one day. Always a good sign, I think. This book moved at a fast pace and had enough action to keep me glued to the pages.

Four hot brothers, Michael, the twins Nick and Gabriel, and the youngest Chris. They all have a power of the elements. They are pure elemental's so they are extremely powerful. So much so, that other elemental's feel threatened by them and would like to see them dead. They constantly get beat up and harrassed by other families in the community who know what they are, especially Seth and Tyler, also elementals, but not as powerful.

Becca is leaving her self defence class one night, when she sees a guy being beaten up by two guys. The guy is down, seemingly unconscious, but they're still kicking him. Her phone is dead, and afraid they're going to actually kill him, she uses the only weapon she has, her car. She drives toward them yelling that she's called the police and this scares them off for a bit. The guy on the ground is Chris Merrick, from her school, but she doesn't really know him. Between the two of them, they manage to get Chris into the back of the car and get away. But this puts her in the line of fire from Seth and Tyler too.

Becca was a really likeable character who I took to straight away. She is emphatic and brave. Her and Chris seem to come together a lot now but their relationship kind of flashes hot and cold. The new kid, Hunter, also shows an interest in Becca, so we do have a love triangle which was annoying but worked out for me in the end :)

I really liked the Merrick brothers too. Michael is a bit of an ass in this so I was glad I'd read Elemental and got more of an insight into this character before starting Storm. Nick is a serious character who appears to be the more intelligent of the twins, while Gabriel would come across and more fun loving and carefree. They often switch places for tests and sports. And Chris was really cute and likable.

The next book in this series, Spark, is centred around Gabriel. I'm looking forward to finding out more about him and his powers as a fire elemental.

Buy the Book: Amazon/The Book Depository

12 Comments:

Ning said...

great review! I can't wait to read this either. But if they're the strongest elementals, why do they let others beat them up? hmm and I love books involving families. That doesn't happen often enough in YA books!

Rachel said...

I loved this one too Suzanne! It was such fun and as you say, you know it's good when you can't put it down and read it all in one day! Great review. Four hot brothers, what's not to like?! :)

Jasprit said...

Brilliant review Suzanne, I too had issues with Michael in this book, but the novella before definitely clears things up. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Spark which I loved even more! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I hear Michael gers better. This is a series I have been wanting to get to because I keep hearing so much about these four hot brothers. I am glad to see that it didn't disappoint!

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed this, Suzanne! I liked this book too, but I did enjoy Spark slightly more. I can't wait to see what you think of that. Brilliant review! :)

Elodie said...

It sounds pretty good :) !! Becca sounds like a great character. I love characters that you dislike at first and you come to love the more you get to know them (I'm hoping Michael will be one of these). Thanks for the great review Suzanne !!

Keertana said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked this one! :D It was one of my favorite reads, simply because of the family dynamics with the brothers, and that aspect becomes even better in the sequel. I hope you pick up Spark soon since most people liked it even better than Storm, although Storm was one I preferred! ;) Fantastic review, Suzanne!

~Keertana
Ivy Book Bindings

Unknown said...

I've heard great things about this series and these hot elemental brothers! I just bought Storm on sale not long ago so I am looking forward to it. I think a one day read is definitely a good sign! I love when a book sucks you in and is exciting throughout. Can't wait!

Maji Bookshelf said...

I really liked this book as well, but if you really enjoyed this, just wait until you read Spark!! MUCH better! SO AMAZING! Great review love, im glad you thought it was fast paced!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

A Canadian Girl said...

I haven't read this series but I've heard a lot about how hot the Merrick brothers are :) Spark is supposed to be even better and has Gabriel who seems to be the favourite of a lot of bloggers.

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Woohoo! I knew you'd like this, Suzanne! In fact, your thoughts mirror my own. Are you my long lost twin? :)
I have a feeling you'll like Spark even more. Fingers crossed!

Silverlight said...

I haven't read this series, yet, but I've heard so much buzz about this book lately. I really need to start this soon. Great review.

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |