Bloodlines Richelle Mead

Friday 18 November 2011.
Date Published: August 23rd 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
ISBN: 1595143173 (ISBN13: 9781595143174)

Bloodlines is the first in a spin off series from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Lissa has become Queen of the moroi after discovering she had an illegitimate sister, Jill. Now, Jill's life is in danger from moroi who don't want Lissa to be Queen. By killing Jill, Lissa will have no living family and therefore must abdicate her thrown. While Lissa is trying to change this law, Jill is sent to hide out at boarding school in Palm Springs. Alchemist, Sydney Sage, is sent to protect her, along with Eddie, her guardian and Adrian Ivashkov.

Personally, I found this to be a bit of a let down or maybe I was just looking forward to it too much and was expecting more. However, Jill and Sydney were not two of the most exciting characters in Vampire Academy. I did feel that Sydney's character grew a lot here and I look forward to seeing what is in store for her in the second book. Maybe some romance which this book had none of and I love a little romance in my books. Jill's character remained dull and boring leaving me to wonder at all the male attention she receives. 

I absolutely LOVED Adrian in Vampire Academy and was looking forward to seeing what became of him in Bloodlines  but he just didn't have the same charm and appeal here. 

I would still recommend reading this book and the second in the series looks to be promising as there were a few questions left unanswered here. I am looking forward to finding out the answers. 

Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |